For the following file types:
- PDF files
- Microsoft Word files
- Microsoft PowerPoint files
- OpenOffice/LibreOffice files
- Uploaded HTML files
Ally can generate these alternative formats:
- OCR’d (Optical Character Recognition) version – automatically extracted text from scanned documents for improving reading and searching.
- Tagged PDF (currently for Word, PowerPoint and OpenOffice/LibreOffice files) – structured PDF for improved use with assistive technology.
- Mobile-friendly HTML.
- ePub – for reading as an e-book on an iPad or other e-book reader.
- Electronic Braille – BRF version for electronic braille displays.
- MP3 Audio version for listening.
- BeeLine Reader – enhanced version that uses an ‘eye-guiding colour gradient’ for easier and faster on-screen reading. For further information, watch the BeeLine overview video (0:32, no audio).
Ally doesn’t provide alternative formats for documents with metadata stating no derivatives of a document can be generated. Ally will only scan the document for accessibility issues and include this data in the report and instructor feedback.
Ally doesn’t generate alternative format for student generated-content or files.
Alternative formats are for personal use only and users must not copy, post or share the alternative format with others.